Updated: Dec 26, 2021
Another Thanksgiving is upon us with all the food temptations. It seems to me that Thanksgiving has become a holiday about food and not about giving thanks. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with enjoying the food; what is wrong is that the food has become the main focus.
Here are few tips to help you get through Thanksgiving meal:
1. Keep in mind, the more food you eat, does not mean the more fun you have.
2. If at the Thanksgiving meal you are serving yourself, (buffet or family style) put on your plate half of the food that you think you can eat. You can always get more.
3. Remember to eat slowly and mindfully. Always put your fork down between bites and chew your food well. By eating slowly and mindfully you will get more satisfaction from eating and you will end up eating less.
4. Go to the Thanksgiving meal hungry, but make sure you eat slowly when the meal comes.
5. If you are serving yourself, the first time you go up to get food, get salad only, and then after you eat the salad go back for the main course.
6. Don’t forget to leave room for dessert.
7. Keep in mind the consequences of overeating and how uncomfortable you will feel after. Why do that to yourself? You can have a great time at Thanksgiving without having to stuff yourself.
8. Whatever you do, DON'T GO LOW FAT. If you go low fat you will simply just eat more more. So just enjoy your food and try to stop eating when you have satisfied your hunger.
The only thing that was meant to be stuffed on Thanksgiving is the turkey!
Have a great Thanksgiving